Congratulations! You have been invited to join Carillon Communities, one of the university’s newest living-learning programs. Living-learning programs help a big campus feel small. At Maryland we have received national recognition for our outstanding communities.
More than half of all first-year students at Maryland participate in a learning community. We are excited for you to join Carillon - the living learning community that translates your curiosity into action!
Accepting Your Invitation
You received your invitation to Carillon as part of your UMD acceptance letter. Before accepting the Carillon invite review our website, read about the program, learn about our different communities, and decide if Carillon Communities is for you.
If you want to start your first year at Maryland working with faculty and your peers to wrestle with Big Questions important to our world, then Carillon is for you.
Accept your invitation by following these steps.
- Review the Communities on the website.
- Choose at least three communities (you can choose more). We encourage you to select communities that allow you to explore interests beyond your intended major. The community courses are designed to satisfy general education requirements. Ensure you also share a short paragraph explaining why the communities listed interest you.
- To respond to your Carillon Communities invitation and indicate your living-learning program interests, navigate to the checklist within your Terps Application Portal and select the Carillon Communities Interest Form. Please complete the form no later than February 21, 2022. You must complete the Interest Inventory form to accept your Carillon invitation. You are not automatically enrolled in the program.
- Review the full directions for submitting your Interest Form.
- Please note that completing the Interest Form does not commit you to the University of Maryland, it only reserves a spot in Carillon Communities. Accepting admission to the University of Maryland is a distinct process. To accept admission to UMD refer to the information on the Terps Application Portal.
If at any point you have questions about Carillon, do not hesitate to connect with us via office hours, chat, or email.
Students participating in Carillon Communities will reside in Easton Hall. Every new first-year student who desires to live in campus residence halls MUST complete the Housing/Dining Services Agreement by May 1 to be eligible to live on campus. The housing agreement can be found at Resident Life. Completing this application does not guarantee you housing at UMD.
The University of Maryland will hold a variety of in-person and virtual opportunities for you to learn more about the school and what it offers. We hope you can join us during one of the open houses to learn more about Carillon Communities.
- Friday, March 4
- Friday, March 11
- Friday, April 8
- Friday, April 15
February 8, 6-7pm ET - What is Carillon Communities? Webinar. Register
February 21 – Deadline to submit your Carillon Interest Form
March 3 – Receipt of email informing you of Carillon Community placement
March 4 and 11, April 8 and 15 – Virtual UMD Open Houses
May 1st – Deadline to confirm enrollment to UMD
May 1st – Deadline to submit Housing and Dining Agreement